Farfus and Blomqvist on the front row of Sunday’s race for BMW Team RBM
Oschersleben (DE), 13th September 2015. As on Saturday, the front row of the grid for Sunday’s DTM race in Oschersleben (DE) will again feature two BMW M4 DTMs. Augusto Farfus (BR) secured the fifth pole position of his DTM career with a fastest time of 1:20.632 minutes at the wheel of the Shell BMW M4 DTM. This was the 49th pole of BMW’s history in the DTM and the sixth of the current season. Farfus is joined on the front row by his team-mate at BMW Team RBM, Tom Blomqvist (GB, BMW M4 DTM). This represents the best starting position of the rookie’s DTM career.
António Félix da Costa (PT) set the fourth fastest time in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM, with reigning champion Marco Wittmann (DE, Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM) qualifying sixth. The winner of Saturday’s race, Timo Glock (DE, DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM), will start just behind him in seventh. The sixth BMW driver to make it into the top ten was Bruno Spengler (CA, BMW Bank M4 DTM), who was tenth fastest. Martin Tomczyk (DE, BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM) and Maxime Martin (BE, SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) qualified 12th and 15th.
Quote from the best-placed BMW driver.
“It is fantastic to be back on pole here in Oschersleben. We were competitive yesterday and qualified second, but then I dropped back a little in turn one. I want to do a better job today. We have pole – and we want to take advantage of that and hopefully go on to take the win. It is fantastic for BMW Team RBM that both Tom Blomqvist and I start together on the front row. The team works so hard, and this is their reward.” – Augusto Farfus (BMW Team RBM, pole position)
Facts and Figures.
- Motorsport Arena Oschersleben, 3.696 kilometres
- Sunny, 21 degrees Celsius
- Augusto Farfus (BR, BMW Team RBM), 1:20.632 minutes
BMW Motorsport results*:
- #18 Augusto Farfus (BR), BMW Team RBM, Shell BMW M4 DTM 1:20,632 minutes – 1st
- #31 Tom Blomqvist (GB), BMW Team RBM, BMW M4 DTM 1:20.651 minutes – 2nd
- #13 António Félix da Costa (PT), BMW Team Schnitzer, Red Bull BMW M4 DTM 1:20.670 minutes – 4th
- #1 Marco Wittmann (DE), BMW Team RMG, Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM 1:20.710 minutes – 6th
- #16 Timo Glock (DE), BMW Team MTEK, DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM 1:20.743 minutes – 7th
- #7 Bruno Spengler (CA), BMW Team MTEK, BMW Bank M4 DTM 1:20.985 minutes – 10th
- #77 Martin Tomczyk (DE), BMW Team Schnitzer, BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM 1:21.002 minutes – 12th
- #36 Maxime Martin (BE), BMW Team RMG, SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM 1:21.104 minutes – 15th
*The official starting grid may differ from the provisional qualifying results published in this release.
Augusto Farfus was the fastest man in qualifying for the second time this season. The first time he achieved this feat was ahead of Saturday’s race in Zandvoort. In total, this is the fifth pole position of his DTM career.
Just one day after his third place in qualifying, rookie Tom Blomqvist went one better, securing second place and the best qualifying result of his DTM career. He will start from the front row of the grid for the first time.
BMW Team RBM qualified both cars on the front row of the DTM grid for the first time in the team’s history.
The 14th of this year’s 18 DTM races begins at 15:10 hrs local time.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry