DARING CONCEPT LEADS TRIO OF DEBUTS ON VAUXHALL’S IAA STAND
Luton/Frankfurt – Vauxhall and sister company, Opel, will unveil a radical and daring concept car at this month’s Frankfurt Motor Show, which has the potential to revolutionise emissions-free urban transport, especially for younger drivers.
The RAK e concept will be revealed at the company’s press conference and will head up two further important world premieres: the all-new Zafira Tourer, and the stunning Astra GTC, both of which will be available to order in the UK before the end of the year.
Complementing the trio of premieres will be the new and revised Insignia, the production-ready Ampera and no less than five new Vauxhall ecoFLEX models which will be available to UK buyers very soon, all of which emit less than 120g/km.
Below are brief details of all key Vauxhalls on the stand, followed by a short chapter on each (plus media-site links to previous information).
RAK e concept – WORLD DEBUT!
- Rakish, revolutionary, affordable EV concept with 60-mile range & 75mph top speed
- Weighs just 380kgs
- Production potential with zero tailpipe emissions
- Target customers: young/teenage drivers
Zafira Tourer – WORLD DEBUT!
- Entry-level pricing announced undercutting Ford S-Max by over £1,200
- First details of UK range walk-up
- Order banks to open November 1
Astra GTC – WORLD DEBUT!
- New diesel engine joins the range
- ecoFLEX model confirmed for 2012
Insignia Model Year 12 – new model
- Lowest emitting engines in range now down to 115g/km
- New-to-range 1.4 Turbo reduces petrol engine emissions to 134g/km
- Start/Stop technology on key models for first time
- Electric power steering now available on all manual Insignias
Ampera – first production car
- First usable electric car not compromised by ‘range-anxiety’
- 233mpg & 27g/km combined emissions
- Up to 310-mile range
- On sale in Europe now
- UK order books open before the end of the year
ecoFLEX range – new highlights
- All models fall under 120g/km, with the lowest producing just 94g
- Five new models available for UK, including GTC and Zafira Tourer versions
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry