ConExpo Yokohama Tire Corporation
The RL45™ and RL51™ will be on display in booth #30412. Tire maker will also feature a new tread compound in the RT41™
FULLERTON, CA (Feb. 5, 2014) – Yokohama Tire Corporation is unveiling two new off-the-road (OTR) radial tires at the upcoming ConExpo trade show: the RL45™ and RL51™. The tires will be on display in Yokohama booth #30412 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, March 4-8.
“The new RL45 and RL51 spotlight our latest technology in OTR radial tire tread design,” said Tim Easter, Yokohama director, OTR sales. “Among the many benefits, the new treads are more durable and last longer.”
The RL45 E-4 is made for articulated dump trucks and scrapers and the L-4 version is for front-end loaders. “It’s the toughest radial for the most demanding applications,” said Easter. “Many manufacturers combine the L-4 and E-4 into a single application, but Yokohama built a tire for each, so there is no compromise for either application.”
The RL45 is available in size 26.5R25. Other highlights include:
- The advanced tread composition provides improved wear, low-heat generation and cut-resistance while the zigzag-shaped groove provides better traction on rock and gravel surfaces.
- A non-directional block pattern provides abrasion- and cut-resistance on stone and gravel surfaces.
- “More lug means less void,” said Easter. “The angle of the lug is unique, which provides longer wear and more stability.”
- The high turn-up carcass construction protects against exterior damage with greater lateral stiffness for better riding comfort and additional defense against sidewall cuts.
- Buttress side protection helps against outside damage, resulting in fewer sidewall snags and cuts.
- The flexible OTR belt wire creates a tough, multi-layer cross-ply steel belt package to improve durability. Its high-shore hardness rubber bead filler offers strong twist stiffness for longer life.
The RL51 L-5 application is designed for front-end loaders and graders. “This is a resilient radial for high-cut uses,” said Easter. “It has incredible traction and stability. It will not sway under load thanks to the advanced belt package.”
Available in size 23.5R25, the RL51 also features:
- A high-tech tread compound that provides better wear- and cut-resistance.
- Its non-directional block pattern offers traction and stability – same performance in forward and reverse – as well as abrasion- and cut-resistance on rock and gravel surfaces.
- The high turn-up carcass construction protects against exterior damage with greater lateral stiffness for better riding comfort, as well as added defense against sidewall cuts.
- Buttress side protection offers prevention against outside damage. This means fewer sidewall snags and cuts with thicker rubber on the upper sidewall and shoulder.
- Improved durability is heightened because of the advanced, multi-layered cross-ply steel belt package. Also, the rubber bead filler provides strong twist stiffness for longer life.
Also on display at ConExpo will be the RT41™ E-4 with a new CPUG (cut protective underground) tread compound for articulated dump trucks and scrapers. “The CPUG compound was specially developed for underground usage. It helps increase the life of the tire and offers protection from cuts, punctures and wear,” said Easter.
The RT41 CPUG is constructed with four steel belts to resist punctures and add stability, and features buttress side protection, which prevents sidewall damage. It is available in three sizes: 23.5R25, 26.5R25 and 29.5R25.
Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing a network of more than 4,500 points of sale in the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, commercial truck and bus, and off-the-road mining and construction applications.