Chrysler Mexico Reports Best Monthly Sales in Two Years
- Chrysler Mexico posts best monthly sales in 24 months; 10,041 units sold in December
- Chrysler brand sales increase 38.1 percent in December compared with sales in the same month a year ago
- Dodge brand sales up 3.6 percent in December versus same month in 2010
- Jeep® brand posts 15.6 percent sales increase compared with December sales a year ago
- Ram Standard Cab pick-up truck sales increase 30 percent versus sales in December 2010
- FIAT and Alfa Romeo register 120 percent sales increase in December compared with same month last year
January 5, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Mexico today reported December sales of 10,041 units, a 2 percent increase compared with sales in December 2010 and the group’s best monthly sales in two years.
For the full year, Chrysler Mexico sold 82,072 units, a 4.5 percent increase compared with sales of Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, and Ram Truck models in 2010.
Chrysler Mexico reported that December retail sales of its four brands were up 10 percent versus December sales in 2010, its best retail sales in 31 months.
“We are pleased with the excellent sales results that we have achieved during the month of December: No. 1 in the SUV segment, No. 1 in minivan/crossover, and No. 2 in trucks,” said Fred Diaz, President and Chief Executive Officer – Chrysler de Mexico and Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “This represents a solid positioning of our brands as ‘top of mind’ for our customers. It also reflects the quality and design of our products, as well as the effort and teamwork we are building with our dealer network.”
FIAT brand sales in December were its best in 17 months. The success of the Fiat 500 – based on appealing design and advanced technology with Italian style – was reflected by its sales growth of 350 percent versus sales in December 2010.