Chrysler 300C Touring
NASREC, Johannesburg – Loaded with premium features, stunning Chrysler design, fuel-saving technology and abundant standard safety features, the 2008 Chrysler 300C Touring and its sedan sibling continues to make everything else on the road seem ordinary.
The dramatic exterior design of the Chrysler 300C Touring has been refreshed for 2008 with minor changes to the front and rear fascias and taillights. However, the classic proportions of long hood and dramatic profile remain to give the Chrysler 300C its continued award-winning, stunning presence for 2008.
The sophisticated interior design of the Chrysler 300C has been enhanced for 2008 with a new instrument panel and centre console design, highlighted with satin silver bezels. Soft-touch surfaces on arm rests and door panels, and a newly designed and relocated cruise control stalk, add to the comfortable interior. Light-emitting diode (LED) lighting in the front cup holders and front- and rear-door map pockets provide additional driver convenience.
New entertainment and communications options on the 2008 Chrysler 300C include a Boston Acoustics eight-speaker 5.1 Matrix Surround Sound system and MyGIG™ Multimedia Infotainment System with optional navigation.
In addition, seat-mounted air bags have been added to the front and rear side-curtain air bags for increased driver and passenger safety.
The 5.7l HEMI® powered Chrysler 300C Touring offers a “Fuel Saver Mode” display, included as part of the Electronic Vehicle Information Centre (EVIC) that tells drivers when they are in four- cylinder mode, allowing them to modify their driving habits for improved fuel efficiency.
New technologies and exterior and interior refinements continue to offer Chrysler 300C Touring customers an elegant, confidence-inspiring vehicle at an exceptional value.
2008 CHRYSLER 300C: WHAT’S NEW FOR 2008
- Exterior refresh including front and rear fascias and grille, and new bodyside moulding.
- Interior refresh including redesigned instrument panel, instrument cluster, centre console and door trim panels
- Adaptive cruise control
- iPod interface added to UConnect® module
- LED lighting in front cup holders and front- and rear-door map pockets
- New speed control stalk
- Upgraded soft-touch surfaces on arm rests, centre console and door trim
- New radio options
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio (standard)
- MyGIG, a cutting-edge multimedia audio and entertainment system with navigation
- Boston Acoustics eight-speaker 5.1 Matrix Surround Sound amplifier including subwoofer
- Rear-seat Video Entertainment System (VES™)
- “Fuel Saver Mode” display (standard on Chrysler 300C)
Safety and Security:
- Side-curtain and seat-mounted side air bags
- Tyre pressure monitor warning lamp
The dramatic exterior design of the Chrysler 300C has been refreshed for 2008 with new taillights and a new rear deck lid that integrates an SRT-inspired spoiler and relocated high-mounted stop light on the sedan version. However, the classic proportions of long hood, short deck and dramatic profile remain to give the Chrysler 300 its continued award-winning, stunning presence for 2008.
The sophisticated interior design of the Chrysler 300 has been enhanced for 2008 with a new instrument panel and centre console design, highlighted with satin silver bezels. Soft-touch surfaces on arm rests and door panels, and a newly designed and relocated cruise control stalk, add to the comfortable interior. LED lighting in the front cup holders and front and rear door map pockets provide additional driver convenience.
Three powertrain options are available in the 2008 Chrysler 300 lineup, offering outstanding combinations of performance, fuel economy, quietness and durability.
The 2008 Chrysler 300C Touring features the modern 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine equipped with a Multi-displacement System (MDS). MDS seamlessly turns off the fuel consumption in four cylinders when V8 power is not needed, improving fuel economy as much as 20 %. HEMI'S “Fuel Saver Mode” display, included as part of the Electronic Vehicle Information Centre, tells drivers when they are in four-cylinder mode, allowing them to modify their driving habits for improved fuel efficiency.
The 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine provides 254 kW at 5 000 r/min and 258 Nm of torque at 4 000r/min. The HEMI-powered 2008 Chrysler 300C Touring can go from zero to 60 mph in just 6.3 seconds.
ENTERTAINMENT AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
The Chrysler 300C Touring offers the latest entertainment and communication technology available in the automotive industry while maintaining simplicity, safety, freedom and flexibility.
- New, larger 6.5-inch full-screen DVD-based Navigation System using Global Positioning System (GPS) provides easy trip routing and turn-by-turn route guidance through voice recognition and touch screen
- Touch screen MyGIG, an audio, entertainment and hands-free communication system including a 20-gigabyte hard drive with optional navigation capability
- Rear-seat DVD Video Entertainment System (VES), conveniently located under centre console armrest cover to provide easy access to rear-seat passengers
- UConnect® Hands-free Communication System uses Bluetooth technology to provide voice-activated wireless cellular communication
MyGIG is a completely integrated Harman/Kardon touch screen audio, entertainment and hands-free communication system. MyGIG also is available with an optional navigation system, which adds voice recognition.
The best-in-class, next-generation navigation radio features a 6.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Display with a touch-screen panel that can support 65 000 colours, providing a three-dimensional appearance to graphics and animation, as well as multiple font sizes and styles. The MyGIG navigation system allows voice-activated commands and includes many new features for music, sound, movies and personalized picture displays, including:
- A 20-gigabyte hard disc drive that includes Music Juke Box for organizing music and pictures on the hard drive
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) port that provides downloading of WMA, MP3 and JPEG files onto the hard drive
- Gracenote® database that is installed on the hard drive to provide song identification, including composer, artist and title
- Playlist creation capability to provide easy access to files
- Voice memo recording that allows a 3 minute message to be recorded using the microphone integrated into the rearview mirror
- Radio display screen that can show movies (when vehicle is not in motion)
- UConnect Hands-free Communication System that uses Bluetooth® technology to provide voice-activated wireless communication between the occupants’ compatible cell phones and the vehicle’s onboard receiver. The hands-free option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility
The 2008 Chrysler 300C Touring also offers a MyGIG system without navigation.
Rear-seat DVD Video Entertainment System
The rear-seat VES is cleverly packaged under the centre console armrest cover and is easily accessible to rear-seat passengers. The system includes a 7-inch Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) screen, a remote control and two wireless headsets.
The hinged LCD screen can be fully stored into the console armrest cover or flipped up for viewing. Auxiliary audio and video plug-in jacks are included on the faceplate so that rear-seat passengers can view video directly from a video camera, play games from a video game console or play music directly from a portable MP3 player.
The Chrysler 300C Touring features:
- Comfort/convenience Group includes heated front seats, power passenger seat, power adjustable pedals and express-up/down power front windows
- Protection Group including supplemental side-curtain and seat-mounted air bags, air filtration, self-sealing tires and UConnect with auto-dimming rearview mirror and iPod interface
- Sound Group includes MyGIG Entertainment System including AM/FM/CD/DVD/HDD/MP3 radio featuring touch screen operation, six-speaker Boston Acoustics sound system with 276-watt DSP amplifier
- Sun roof with express open and close, anti-pinch operation
The 2008 Chrysler 300C 5.7l HEMI Touring is available locally at R444 900.
All Chrysler group products come standard with a three year / 100 000 km warranty and maintenance plan.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry