Chicago Auto Show 2014 – Mopar and Chrysler
MOPAR ADDS PERSONAL TOUCHES TO CHRYSLER GROUP DISPLAY AREAS AT CHICAGO AUTO SHOW
More customizations added to the Moparized version of the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 for the Chicago Auto Show (CAS)
- Mopar products, including wheels, graphics packages, Wi-Fi, in-vehicle wireless charging and more, available for the 2015 Chrysler 200
- Owners can customize the beautifully crafted sedan right at the factory, thanks to the Mopar Custom Shop
- Moparized vehicles also featured at CAS include Mopar ’14, Jeep® Cherokee Trail Carver, Fiat 500L Adventurer and Ram 3500 Dually CASE Work Truck
- Mopar will showcase an augmented reality application at CAS to give consumers a virtual look at customizing a Ram 1500 truck
- Augmented reality Ram truck customizer application now also available for to consumers to download at mopar.com/ramtruck
- Selection from the Mopar’s unique line of merchandise to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic GEN II 426 race HEMI® engine will be displayed at CAS
February 4, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Mopar brand will have plenty to show off at the Chicago Auto Show (CAS) in Chicago, Illinois, Feb. 8-17, including more personalization options for the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200, an augmented reality application for customizing a Ram truck, a new line of merchandise celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 426 race HEMI® engine and “Moparized” products in the Chrysler Group brand area. While the 2015 Chrysler 200 made its debut at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit transforming what customers expect in a mid-size sedan, Mopar will help customers enhance it with the availability of more than 100 Mopar parts and accessories before the end of the year. Building on the modified vehicle initially showcased at NAIAS, Mopar has added even more quality parts and accessories to showcase the 2015 Chrysler 200 for the Chicago Auto Show.
“Chrysler Group revealed the revolutionary all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 at Detroit, and we wanted to complement the soul of this beautiful mid-sized sedan by showcasing how Mopar parts and accessories can help owners personalize and customize it to truly make it their own,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO — Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “The Moparized version of the 2015 Chrysler 200 on display at Chicago demonstrates our commitment to working with all Chrysler Group brands to offer Mopar products that let customers personalize their ride right when it arrives in the showroom, or even before through the Mopar Custom Shop.” The Mopar-modified 2015 Chrysler 200 exhibited at the CAS uses the Chrysler 200S as its starting point, then adds from there to make the vehicle even more original and unique. The exterior of the modified Chrysler 200 stands out and shines bright, thanks to a striking Lunar White Pearl Tri-coat color. To give it a sportier feel, it has been equipped with a body package that includes side sills, a chin spoiler, and a rear fascia valance. To add to the look, upper and lower Mopar grille textures have been added, along with unique aluminum exhaust tips.
The customized Chrysler 200 on display at the CAS is powered by a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine that puts best-in-class 295 horsepower as well as 262 lb.-ft. of torque to the Satin Lite Bronze 19-inch multi-spoke wheels. Complementing the exterior look, the Mopar-modified 2015 Chrysler 200 interior is enriched with premium white leather seats accented with bronze stitching, with bronze accents also highlighting the bezels and the steering wheel. Mopar floor mats also augment the interior. In addition to the Mopar products featured on the customized 2015 Chrysler 200 displayed at the CAS, a menu of more than 60 additional Mopar parts and accessories will be offered as soon as the car becomes available at dealerships in the second quarter, with in excess of 100 products by the end of the calendar year.
Available products include: EXTERIOR
- Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System
- Wheel locks
- Locking fuel cap
- Graphics packages
- Bicycle hitch receiver
- Multiple racks & carriers
- Air deflectors
- Mirror covers
- Mopar wheel center caps
- Emblem kits
- Vehicle covers
- Production turn signal mirrors
- Engine block heater, 2.4-liter
- Master shield
- Ambient lighting
- Autonet Wi-Fi
- Roadside Safety Kit
- Emergency Kit/Tire repair
- Collapsible tote
- Cargo trunk net
- Molded cargo tray
- Door sill guards
- In-Vehicle wireless charging
- Premium floor mats
- Slush floor mats
- Rear backup camera/mirror
Customers will have the option of personalizing the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 and other vehicles in the Chrysler Group product lineup right at the factory.
Through the Mopar Custom Shop, parts and accessories requested by the customer during the order process are added at the factory before the vehicle arrives at the dealership, with the installed Mopar products listed on the vehicle’s Monroney sticker.
Featured within the CAS Chrysler Group display area will be a number of other Moparized vehicles to help stoke the imagination including the limited edition Mopar ’14 Challenger with the new Shaker hood, the Jeep® Cherokee Trail Carver, the Fiat 500L Adventurer and Ram 3500 Dually CASE Work Truck. Visitors to the Chrysler Group exhibit at the CAS will have a chance to test an augmented reality application that gives consumers a virtual look at customizing a Ram 1500 truck. They will have the opportunity to use tablets provided at the display or their own personal iPhone or iPad to experiment with a new mobile customization app that uses augmented reality to display what a Ram truck would look like with added factory installed Mopar parts and accessories. The app now is available for consumers to download at mopar.com/ramtruck.
As one of most customized vehicle in Chrysler Group’s fleet, the Ram truck is the perfect first candidate for the use with the augmented reality app to demonstrate all the Mopar personalization options and combinations available. Triggered by pointing an iPad tablet or iPhone at a specific Ram brand logo, the user will then be able to follow the prompts on the screen for customization options that are digitally superimposed on the vehicle to show what the finished product would look like with the chosen modifications. Also on display in the CAS Chrysler Group display area will be a selection of items from the unique line of merchandise created by Mopar to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic GEN II 426 race HEMI engine. The new product line was launched in January to kick off the year-long commemoration of the legendary engine and is now available to consumers at WearMopar.com. HEMI merchandise featuring the HEMI 50th anniversary logo will include items such as clothing, decorative lighting, clocks, a pub table, stools and much more.
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the industrial alliance between Chrysler Group and FIAT SpA, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 130 markets. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as FIAT brands.
a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at mopar.com.
Mopar-first Features Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
More than 75 Years of Mopar Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s – the muscle-car era. The former Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.