Following on its first public showing in South Africa at the Johannesburg International Motor Show, Chevrolet’s all new Sonic Hatch has now been officially launched in Zimbabwe. This exciting new small car from Chevrolet is available in LS trim with a choice of either a 1,4 litre or 1,6 litre petrol engines.
The first new model from Chevrolet based on GM’s ‘Gamma’ new global front wheel drive passenger car architecture, the Sonic 5-door hatch offers not only a high level of quality – aimed at achieving best-in-segment standards – and exciting interior and exterior styling, but also a high level of comfort and safety specifications.
The Sonic Hatch 1.4 LS is powered by Chevrolet’s new generation 1.4 litre four-cylinder double overhead camshaft engine with variable valve timing on both inlet and exhaust camshafts for an excellent balance between performance and economy. This engine produces 74kW @ 6000 r/min with maximum torque of 130Nm @ 4000 r/min. The combined cycle fuel economy measured by Chevrolet engineers for this model is just 5,8 l/100km.
The larger engine Sonic Hatch 1.6 LS also features a new generation four-cylinder engine from Chevrolet, again, a 16-valve, dual overhead camshaft engine with variable valve timing for both inlet and exhaust. Maximum power for this engine is 85kW @ 6000 r/min with peak torque of 155Nm delivered at 4000 r/min. The combined cycle for this model, again as measured by Chevrolet engineers, is 6,5 l/100km.
The Sonic 1.4 LS and 1.6 LS share a common specification level that offers an exceptional value proposition. Standard specification on both models includes:
- Alloy wheels fitted with 195/65 R15 tyres (a full size spare wheel is provided)
- Power steering
- Height and reach adjustable steering column
- Air conditioner
- Power winders for the front windows
- Heated rear windscreen
- Power operated side mirrors with foldaway and heating functions
- Tinted windows
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Floor mounted console with cup holders
- Sunglass holder
- Driver and passenger vanity mirrors
- RDS radio with front loading CD and MP3/Aux input and 4 speakers
- Onboard computer
- ABS brakes with EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution)
- Front and side airbags for driver and front seat passenger
- Passenger airbag de-activation switch
- ISOFIX child seat attachments
- Smart seat belt reminder for the driver
- Front fog lamps
- Remote central locking
- Anti-theft alarm immobiliser.
Available options (Comfort package) include an upgrade to the sound system that includes 6 speakers, a USB port, Bluetooth connectivity, and satellite steering wheel mounted audio controls. Cruise control is also available as a factory fitted option.