CHEVROLET AMONG FIRST CAR BRANDS TO OFFER iPHONE USERS SIRI EYES FREE INTEGRATION
Zurich. As of March this year, Chevrolet Aveo and Cruze vehicles that come with the Chevrolet MyLink technology will be available with Siri, an intelligent assistant that helps get things done just by asking. The all-new Trax small SUV will also be offered with the MyLink connected radio and Siri upon launch later this spring.
“We are excited about the fact that Chevrolet will be one of the first car brands to offer Siri Eyes Free integration in Europe,” said Susan Docherty, president and managing director, Chevrolet and Cadillac Europe. “Safe, easy, reliable and portable connectivity is a top priority for our customers, and Siri complements MyLink's existing capabilities to help deliver an incredible driving experience."
Through the cars' available Chevrolet MyLink technology, customers with a compatible iPhone* running iOS 6 can direct Siri to perform a number of tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel.
To further minimize distraction, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further with an Eyes Free mode which enables drivers to interact with their iPhones using nothing more than their voice while keeping the device's screen from lighting up.
Owners simply connect their iPhone with the MyLink radio via Bluetooth, pair with the system, and use the steering wheel voice activation button to begin and end sessions with Siri in Eyes Free mode.
In Aveo and Cruze vehicles equipped with MyLink technology, owners can use Siri in Eyes Free mode to:
- Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to contacts on their iPhone
- Play songs in their iTunes libraries, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM radio to iPod mode
- Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
- Access calendar and add appointments
- Minimize distraction even more by keeping the screen of the iPhone from lighting up even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays
Current owners of an Aveo or Cruze with the Chevrolet MyLink connected radio can opt to upgrade their systems for Siri capability in the coming months.
* Siri is available in Beta only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad (3rd and 4th generations), iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation), and requires internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
Chevrolet is General Motors' largest global brand with annual sales of almost five million vehicles in more than 140 countries. It is the fourth biggest global car brand in terms of sales and also one of the fastest growing brands in the world. Chevrolet cars combine bold design, performance, innovation and practicality.
They provide outstanding value for money. Established in the U.S. by Swiss émigré Louis Chevrolet in 1911, the brand celebrated its centenary in 2011. The brand was re-launched in Europe in 2005. It is represented with a total of 2,500 sales and service outlets in Western and Central Europe. The UK Chevrolet line-up includes the Spark, Aveo, Cruze Saloon, Hatchback and Station Wagon, Orlando, Captiva, the legendary Camaro and Corvette sports cars and the extended-range Volt electric car. In 2013, Chevrolet is launching the all-new Trax small SUV and the all-new Corvette Stingray. More information on Chevrolet can be found at www.chevrolet.co.uk or media.chevrolet.co.uk.