Canada Montreal Auto Show Fiat 500 Abarth
Chrysler Canada: 2012 Fiat® 500 Abarth Makes its Canadian Debut at the 2012 Montreal Auto Show
January 12, 2012 , Montreal, Que. - Faithful to the “small but wicked” saying coined for Karl Abarth’s cars in the 1960s, the new 2012 Fiat® 500 Abarth arrives to North America with the racing traditions that have made it a success on European roadways and racetracks — world-class performance and precision, purposeful and aggressive styling, high power-to-weight ratio and limited-production volume.
“Following the very successful launch of the Fiat 500 in Canada in 2011, we are pleased to now introduce the all-new 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth at the Montreal Auto Show,” said Ed Broadbear, vice president Marketing, Chrysler Canada Inc. “The Fiat 500 Abarth is perfect for the Canadian enthusiast who wants legendary Italian performance at an attainable price.”
Building on the excitement of the new 2012 Fiat 500 (Cinquecento), the new Fiat 500 Abarth is designed for track-day enthusiasts and driving purists who want the ultimate high-performance small car with the pedigree of an exclusive Italian exotic.
With its all-new 1.4-litre MultiAir® Turbo engine, Abarth-tuned suspension and brake systems, race-inspired design, and technology features not traditionally included on a small car, the new 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth unleashes the brand’s legendary performance heritage to North American streets.
“Abarth treatment” and tradition continues to deliver extraordinary results In the late 1950s Karl Abarth believed that race cars with brilliant performance could be derived from small, lightweight, everyday driving cars — including the original Cinquecento (500). And his tradition of track-ready small cars continues today by utilizing the 2012 Fiat 500 Sport as a base point for the new high-performance Fiat 500 Abarth.
Staying faithful to the performance principles that made the Abarth name a success, the new Fiat 500 Abarth continues the brand’s motorsport traditions, including:
Everyday Performance Car
- Track-ready capability, high horsepower-per-litre engine, combined with the quality, efficiency and refinement expected in a world-class small car
- Benchmark levels of performance, track-proven reliability and durability
- Purposeful and functional performance design, Abarth-tuned Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and performance-tuned exhaust with menacing sound
- State-of-the-art powertrain and chassis technology once limited to premium-priced performance cars
- More than 60 years of performance and competition tuning, including active international series races today
For more information about Car Shows from around the World you can visit our
pages or view the
pages. You can also view more information on the
in detroit and read more about the