Today July 1, 2013 Google announced Canada Day on their Google Canada Local Search Engine homepage. Canada Day is the national day of Canada, a federal statutory holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three colonies into a single country called Canada within the British Empire.
In 1982 the holiday became known as Canada Day when the Canadian Act was passed. The day is usually celebrated on July 1st except if the day falls on a Sunday then Canada Day gets celebrated on the 2nd of July.
If you are celebrating Canada Day today, we would like to wish you a happy Canada Day!
Few ideas on how to celebrate Canada Day today if you are in Canada
- Use the holiday as an excuse to bake in the sun, enjoy the warm weather and cool water.
- Enjoy a true old fashion Canadian Barbeque with friends and family.
- Visit one of the Carnivals or parades.
- Make Canada Day a long weekend and go on a short holiday.
- Visit one of the fireworks displays and show some patriotism.