Camp Jeep® Returns to the San Diego International Auto Show
The Ultimate Indoor Off-road Driving Test
- On -and off-road driving course demonstrates legendary 4x4 capability of Jeep ®brand vehicles
- Consumers can experience first-hand the attributes of the entire Jeep vehicle lineup without leaving the show floor
December 26, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is bringing Camp Jeep®, a unique driving experience, to consumers attending the San Diego International Auto Show Thursday, Dec. 29 – Jan. 1.
The 22,000-square foot exhibit will give auto show attendees a chance to experience the extreme on- and off-road capabilities of Jeep vehicles without leaving the show floor.
The course will be comprised of several obstacles that simulate some of the rigorous testing that Jeep vehicles endure before customers get behind the wheel. This provides consumers a first-hand look at the capability standards of Jeep vehicles for Ground Clearance, Traction, Stability, Articulation and Suspension.
Product specialists will drive participants in 2012 Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles over a variety of surfaces, as well as an 18-foot mobile mountain and a 12 x 25-foot section of terrain simulating fallen logs measuring 18 inches in diameter. Attendees also will experience the adrenaline rush of looking nearly straight up or straight down as they navigate a 30-degree wedge to demonstrate the vehicle's body articulation. Each ride is about five minutes long.
Location and time:
San Diego Convention Center
111 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, California 92101
- Thursday, Dec. 29: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 30: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 31: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 1: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.