- BMW at the 2013
- BMW at the 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA). (Long version)
- A new era in electric mobility: The BMW i3.
- Aesthetics in motion: The BMW 4 Series Coupe.
- The world’s most successful Sports Activity Vehicle sets new standards for driving pleasure, luxury and innovation: The new BMW X5.
- BMW eDrive meets BMW xDrive – an innovative combination designed to deliver efficient driving pleasure: The BMW Concept X5 eDrive.
- Clever use of space for sports and leisure activities: The BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor.
- A stand-out performer – and more innovative than ever: The new BMW 5 Series.
- Exclusive sporting allure: The new BMW X5 M50d, BMW M550d xDrive Sedan and BMW M550d xDrive Touring M Performance Automobiles.
- Motor sport expertise included: The BMW M Performance Parts for the BMW 4 Series.
- Clear, flexible, individual: The current BMW ConnectedDrive range.
- Intelligent drive management for more driving pleasure and lower CO2: The latest innovations from Efficient Dynamics.
BMW at the 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA).
The present and future of driving pleasure converge in the new models presented by the BMW and BMW i brands at the International Motor Show (IAA) 2013 in Frankfurt am Main. One of the highlights of the world’s most important car show, which takes place from 12 – 22 September this year, is the premiere of the BMW i3. With its passenger cell made from carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) and BMW eDrive technology designed to deliver zero-emission driving, the first series-produced model from the BMW i brand heralds a new era in mobility.
A new chapter in the history of elegantly sporty, two-door BMWs, meanwhile, begins with the world premiere of the BMW 4 Series Coupe at the IAA 2013. The new model embodies the ultimate in aesthetic appeal and driving pleasure in the premium mid-size segment. Likewise setting the pace in its class is the BMW X5, the third generation of which takes to the stage in Frankfurt alongside the new BMW 5 Series models and new BMW X5 M50d, BMW M550d xDrive Sedan and BMW M550d xDrive Touring M Performance Automobiles. BMW is also presenting two concept studies to underline its expertise and creativity – both in the area of drive system technology and in its push into new vehicle segments. The BMW Concept X5 eDrive combines the typical driving characteristics of a Sports Activity Vehicle with the efficiency benefits of a plug-in hybrid drive system. The BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor, meanwhile, demonstrates how a premium compact model’s ability to adapt to the varying requirements of sports and leisure activities can be maximised through a well-devised use of space and clever detail solutions.
Also on show at the IAA 2013 are the latest innovations developed under the Efficient Dynamics banner, attractive new Original BMW Accessories and the most recent additions to the BMW ConnectedDrive line-up. The selection of driver assistance systems and mobility services underpinned by intelligent connectivity is now even richer in variety. A number of services tailored specifically to the demands of electric mobility and urban driving have been developed for the BMW i3. Added to which, a restructuring of the BMW ConnectedDrive range brings even greater flexibility and convenience to the business of meeting individual customer requirements.
The new products and services can be found at the combined BMW, BMW i, MINI and Rolls-Royce stand in Hall 11, which is located next to the exhibition centre’s main entrance. There will also be an opportunity to experience the cars in action, allowing visitors to sample BMW’s hallmark driving pleasure up close and in depth for the duration of the motor show.