The inline 6-cylinder engine (N55HP) in the new BMW 640i Gran Coupe will impress performance-minded drivers with its effortless power, exceptionally fast-revving temperament, outstanding refinement and exceptional fuel efficiency.
The N55 has been setting standards from the start, as the pioneer of a new generation of engines in which BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with High Precision Direct Injection and VALVETRONIC variable valve timing plus a twin scroll turbo made its debut.
Thanks to intensive fine-tuning of the engine, BMW’s engineers have managed to extract additional performance from the engine while maintaining its exceptional fuel efficiency. With a maximum power rating of 225 kW/315 hp at 5,800 to 6,000 rpm, the 3.0-liter 6-cylinder engine reflects the sporty personality of the BMW 640i Gran Coupe and helps this automobile deliver brilliant performance. The high peak torque of 330 lb-ft, on stream between 1,300 and 4,500 rpm, ensures that the power is effortlessly and instantly delivered.
As a result, the 640i Gran Coupe can show off its prowess with a 0 to 62 mph (0-100km/h) sprint time of just 5.4 seconds. Top speed is electronically governed at 155 mph (250 km/h). All this extra performance comes with exceptional fuel economy and low emission figures. Fuel consumption in the EU test cycle is rated at 7.8 l/100km (30.1 mpg). EPA fuel economy ratings will be available closer to the on-sale date in the USA.
More about the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe
- The All-New 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe
- BMW 6 Series Gran Coup Upgraded TwinPower Turbo 6-Cylinder powers the 640i Gran Coupe
- BMW performance and more efficiency in the 650i Gran Coupe
- BMW 650i Gran Coupe 8-speed Sport Automatic Transmission
- BMW 650i Gran Coupe Brakes, Wheels, and Tires
- BMW 650i Gran Coupe Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO mode
- M Sport package and BMW Individual range available from launch
- BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe Production