August 9, 2012 Google Doodle – London 2012 slalom canoe game: On August 9th Google launched their third Olympics Game Google Doodle. The Game provides exposure for the “London 2012 slalom canoe” game that took place from the 29th of July 2012 to the 3rd of August 2012.
Just like in the real Olympic race you will need to steer a decked kayak through a course of hanging gates on river rapids in the fastest time. The London 2012 slalom canoe game requires skills to navigate the rough waters. In the game you need to steer clear of the river bed, rocks and frogs that are all obstacles in the game and will slow down your kayak.
To achieve the Best Score and Times for the London 2012 slalom canoe race you will need to use your keyboard left and right buttons to steer the kayak, and also to build up speed. If you are in one of the rapids your kayak will also automatically be faster. If you play the game and want the Best score and times for the London 2012 slalom race you may want to play the game a couple of times, I have found the more I play the London 2012 slalom canoe game the better score I got.
Facts about the London 2012 slalom canoe game
- The London 2012 slalom canoe race took place at the Lee Valley White Water Centre in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom.
- Slalom canoeing made its Olympic debut in 1972 in Augsburg, Germany and has since been a competitive Olympic sport.
- If the athletes kayak or body touches either pole of the gate, a time penalty of two seconds is added to their final time. If the competitor misses a gate completely, displaces it by more than 45 degrees, goes through the gate upside-down, or goes through it in the wrong order, a 50 second penalty is given.
- The men’s Kayak event was won by Molmenti Daniele from Italy. Hradilek Vavri from the Czech Republic won Silver and Aigner Hannes from Germany bronze.
- In the Men’s Canoe Single (C1) ESTANGUET Tony from France won Gold. From Germany Silver and MARTIKAN Michal took the bronze medal.
- In the Men’s Canoe Double (C2) event BAILLIE Tim and STOTT Etienne from Great Britain took Gold. FLORENCE David and HOUNSLOW Richa from Great Britain Silver and HOCHSCHORNER Bonze for Slovakia.
Olympic London 2012 Slalom Canoe races
- There are currently four soon to be five Olympic Medal events:
- C-1 (canoe single) Men
- C-2 (canoe double) Men (may not be a mixed crew)
- K-1 (kayak single) Men
- K-1 (kayak single) Women
- C-1 (canoe single) Women will be an event in the 2016 Olympics
What is your Best Score for the London 2012 Slalom Canoe Game?
Use the comment section below to share your best score and times for the London 2012 Slalom Canoe game. It would be interesting to find out what the average time is that people take to complete the game and also what the best times and score is for the London 2012 Slalom Canoe Game.