Automechanika Johannesburg South Africa Innovation Awards
Ten Finalists Selected For Innovation Awards at Automechanika Johannesburg
Ten products from dozens of entries have been selected as finalists in Automechanika Johannesburg’s Innovation Awards competition. Gold, silver and bronze certificates will be handed to the entrants of the top three products at the official opening of this trade fair for the automotive aftermarket, which will take place at Expo Centre, Nasrec, on the morning of Wednesday, May 8.
The products – perceived to be representative of pioneering automotive technology in a variety of original equipment (OE) or aftermarket categories – will be on display at the Innovation Awards stand at Automechanika for the four-day duration of the show, from May 8-11.
The finalists were chosen by a seven-member jury of automotive experts who, in their evaluation of the products entered, used criteria that took into account design characteristics, standards of engineering, benchmark features, professed quality and functionality, user benefits, environmental impact and value for money.
The winners will be decided in a second round of judging which will see each of the items physically examined. Certificates of commendation will be presented to representatives of the manufacturing or distributing companies of the remaining products after the top three have received their certificates.
In the running for top honors are:
- Autowatch’s Alcolock WAB 740 (Automotive Systems / Parts & Accessories)
- Hella’s Power Beam 1000 (Parts & Accessories)
- Hunter’s Hawkeye Elite Alignment System (Repair & Maintenance)
- Hunter’s Quick Check Alignment Audit System (Repair & Maintenance)
- Hunter’s Road Force Touch GSP9700 Diagnostic Balancer (Repair & Maintenance)
- KTR’s JBT-1 Starter Motor & Alternator Computerised Universal Tester (Repair & Maintenance)
- Qualitone Software Solutions’ Fuel Cop Fuel Protection System (Parts & Accessories)
- Supreme Springs’ Cobra Coil Over Kit (Parts & Accessories / Tuning)
- Tracker’s Connected Car System (OE Products & Services / Automotive Systems)
- Willard’s IQ Battery (Automotive Systems / Parts & Accessories)
The convenor of the selection process is experienced industrial and technical editor Wynter Murdoch, while the jury which selected the items comprises Dr Richard Beän, Chief Technical Advisor of the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation; independent automotive technician Chris Crookes; John Ellmore, Chairman of the RMI’s Editorial Sub-Comittee; David Furlonger, Editor-at-Large of the Financial Mail; Dr Norman Lamprecht, Executive Manager of NAAMSA; Jeff Osborne, CEO of the RMI; and Roger Pitot, Executive Director of NAACAM.
Automechanika Johannesburg is one of 12 Automechanika fairs held in Europe, Asia, North America, South America and Africa.