Audi sets all-time U.S. sales record for the month of April
Audi reports 16th consecutive month of record sales, marking the fourth-best month ever in U.S. for the brand • April new vehicle sales up 15% to 11,521 vehicles sold in the U.S. • Premium category vehicle sales (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) up 52% in April
“Audi’s progressive luxury positioning in the market clearly speaks to discerning consumers as they are seeking out the most technologically advanced vehicles in the market,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “This is the fundamental reason why Audi has set record sales in sixteen consecutive months and will continue to register steady and sustainable sales improvements.”
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) jumped 52% and represented 31.2% of total April sales. Overall, sales improvements shown by Audi in the top tiers of the luxury sector accounted for 82% of the Audi April gain.
Premium vehicle performance was bolstered by skyrocketing sales for the technologically advanced Audi A6, with a 136.8% sales increase for the month and a 100% increase year to date. Sales for the design-forward Audi A7 were up 91.2% from April 2011 results when the all-new model debuted. Audi luxury SUV performance was led by an increase in sales of the Audi Q5, with a 24.5% jump in April, and a 17.4% year-to-date gain. The Audi Q7 also performed favorably with an increase of 12.3% for the month as inventories remained lean.
- April 2012 ranks as the best April in Audi of America history, marking the fourth-best month ever in U.S. for Audi
- Audi A6 sales up 136.8% compared to April 2011; YTD sales doubled compared to previous period.
- Audi A7 sales increase 91.2%, compared to initial launch sales set in April 2011.
- Sales of Audi Q5 increased 24.5% compared to April 2011; YTD sales up 17.4% compared to previous period.
- Audi Q7 records 12.3% boost in sales compared to April 2011.
- Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 57.3% for the A3 TDI and 31.0% for Q7 TDI; sales of the Audi A3 increased a solid 7 percent for the month.
- For the record-setting month of April 2012, three Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A6, the Audi A7, and the Audi Q5 models.
- Audi April Certified Pre-Owned sales hindered by reduced availability of models to sell.
ABOUT AUDIAudi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||--YTD--|
|Model Line||April '12 Actual||April '11 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||April '12 YTD Actual||April '11 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||11,521||10,018||15.0%||40,991||35,401||15.8%|
|Total CPO Sales||2,863||3,609||-20.7%||11,649||11,736||-0.7%|
NOTES: - 2010 A4 numbers include Audi A4 sedan, Avant, and S4 models. 2009 A4 numbers include A4 cabriolet, which has been discontinued. - 2010 A5 numbers include Audi A5 cabriolet and coupe’ and S5 cabriolet and coupe’ models. 2009 A5 numbers do not include the cabriolet models. - A6 includes Audi A6 sedan, S6 sedan and A6 Avant models. -All-new A7 model sales began in april 2011. - 2010 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8L sedan, and S8 sedan models. 2011 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan and A8L sedan. - TT includes Audi TT coupe’ and TT roadster models.