March 2012 marked third-best month ever with sales of 11,585, easily eclipsing previous March record of 9,818 set in 2011
New vehicle sales rose 18% vs. March 2011, and an increase of 16.1% YTD growth compared to 2011
Audi Certified pre-owned sales achieved a new March record
Audi today reported its 15th straight record-setting month of sales with 11,585 luxury vehicles sold in March 2012. The results surpassed the prior March record set in 2011 by 1,767 vehicles.
Additionally, the March 2012 results rank as the third-best monthly sales overall for the brand in its U.S. history. Ending the first quarter on a high note, year-over-year vehicle sales increased 18% over March 2011, and recorded 16.1% year-to-date growth compared to 2011.
“Audi momentum is continuing with our most luxurious models constituting more than three-quarters of our growth to record monthly sales. Our first quarter sales figures clearly reinforce the notion that consumers have helped Audi maintain its position as the progressive luxury vehicle brand,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen.
March year-over-year results were buoyed by strong performance of the Audi A6 increasing 104.3% to 1,479 vehicles sold. Strong sales of the design-forward Audi A7, which was launched in the U.S. market in April 2011, continued with 798 vehicles sold. Audi A5 sales also soared with 1,714 vehicles sold, a 23.5% increase over 2011. Overall, the top premium categories of Audi vehicles represented 29.4% of the sales mix (Audi A8, A7, A6, Q7 sales combined).
Other highlights include:
- March 2012 ranks as the third-best monthly sales overall and the best March on record, eclipsing the previous record set last year.
- Audi A3 sales up 9.9%, compared to March 2011.
- Audi A5 sales up 23.5%, compared to March 2011, boosted by increased demand for the Audi A5 Coupe.
- YTD sales of the A6 are up 87.3%; YTD Audi TT sales up 25.5%, compared to the previous period.
- Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finished the month at 57% for the A3 TDI on sales of 362 cars, and 34% for the Q7 TDI on sales of 254 models.
- For the record-setting month of March 2012, two Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A5, and the Audi A6 models.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales of 3,351 vehicles set a new March record, besting the previous record of 3,318 set in 2011; Southern and Western regions also achieved all-time records for March.
ABOUT AUDIAudi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||March ’12 Actual||March ’11 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||March ’12 YTD Actual||March ’11 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||11,585||9,818||18.0%||29,470||25,383||16.1%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,351||3,318||1.0%||8,786||8,127||8.1%|
NOTES: – 2010 A4 numbers include Audi A4 sedan, Avant, and S4 models. 2009 A4 numbers include A4 cabriolet, which has been discontinued. – 2010 A5 numbers include Audi A5 cabriolet and coupe’ and S5 cabriolet and coupe’ models. 2009 A5 numbers do not include the cabriolet models. – A6 includes Audi A6 sedan, S6 sedan and A6 Avant models. -All-new A7 model sales began in april 2011. – 2010 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8L sedan, and S8 sedan models. 2011 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan and A8L sedan. – TT includes Audi TT coupe’ and TT roadster models.