Audi A7 Sportback more powerful with new engines
The new Audi A7 Sportback 5-door coupé is not only more sleek and stylish, but also more powerful.
The spacious five-door coupé, the Audi A7 Sportback, is now even more powerful and attractive - thanks to new engine configurations, new transmissions, new headlights, taillights and new infotainment systems. The new model combines the emotional appeal and sportiness of a coupé with the comfort of a sedan and the functional benefits of an Avant.
Back when the A7 Sportback first debuted in 2010, Audi was already setting new standards in automotive design, embracing an athletic aesthetic and elegance in grand style. Its long engine hood, sporty, flowing C-pillars and the sharply dropping rear end create a dynamic overall impression. The revised version of the five-door model, measuring 4.97 metres in length, now has additional striking and sporty features.
The most striking changes are to the Singleframe grille, bumpers, tailpipes and headlights. LED technology is now standard and upon request, Matrix LED headlights are also available as an option. Combined with the Matrix LED headlights, dynamic turn signals are also installed at the front; they come standard at the rear.
The body of the new Audi A7 Sportback consists primarily of aluminum and high-tech steel grades. It is extraordinarily lightweight and designed for maximum comfort in terms of noise. The cargo space under the long, electrically driven trunk lid has a base capacity of 535 litres. When the rear seat backs are folded down it increases to 1,390 litres.
The sporty style of the exterior is echoed in the car's interior. The dominant element is the horizontal line surrounding the driver and passenger. The dashboard gives an impression of lightness and elegance. The front seats can be optionally equipped with ventilation and massage functions. The MMI radio operating system comes as standard and can be supplemented with a head-up display and night vision assist system.
Power and efficiency: the engine line-up
Audi South Africa will be offering the new A7 Sportback with a choice of five powerful and highly efficient engines: two petrol and two diesel units with a power rating ranging from 200 kW to 412 kW. The entry engine to the range will be the 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic producing 200 kW of power and 580 Nm of torque. Claimed combined fuel consumption of this model is 5.2 litres per 100 km with CO2 emissions of 136 grams per km.
The 3.0 TDI bi-turbo engine, which delivers 235 kW, works with an eight-speed tiptronic transmission, whereas all other engine configurations in the range have a seven-speed S tronic transmission. It produces an impressive torque figure of 650 Nm and will take 5.2 seconds to go from 0 to 100 km/h. Despite its power, it will sip just 6.1 litres per 100 km of fuel and has an emissions figure of 162 grams per km.
The first of the petrol engines is the 4.0T FSI found in the S7 Sportback. It delivers an uprated 331 kW of power and 550 Nm of torque, and like its S6 sibling, uses innovative COD (cylinder on demand) technology to save fuel. It propels itself to 100 km/h in just 4.6 seconds.
The second petrol engine is in the form of the brutal Audi RS7 Sportback. The 4.0 TFSI in the revised Audi RS 7 Sportback provides as before 412 kW, with a constant 700 Nm of torque at engine speeds between 1,750 and 5,500 rpm. The engine catapults the five-door coupé from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds; the optional dynamic package allows a top speed of 305 km/h. In the ECE cycle however, the resonant V8 bi-turbo needs only 9.5 litres of fuel per 100 kilometers with 221 grams CO2 per kilometre. A key factor in this efficiency is the cylinder on demand system.
The chassis, too, combines sporty precision with high comfort. The power steering system features an electromechanical drive for high efficiency. The Audi drive select dynamic handling system is standard, while options include dynamic steering, two sport suspension versions and adaptive air suspension.
The new Audi A7 Sportback sets the standard in infotainment. The MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch (standard on the 3.0TDI BiTurbo, S7 and RS7), utilizes the latest generation of the modular infotainment system. Customers may also opt to add the Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System.
Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic (200 kW):
- 3-spoke multifunction leather steering wheel (new)
- 19-inch 5-spoke V design wheel (new)
- LED headlights (new)
- Advanced key (Keyless entry)
- Aluminium trim on window surround
- Audi Drive Select
- Audi Music Interface with USB integration (new)
- 3 rear seats (excludes S7)
- Auto dim interior mirror with light and rain sensor
- Bluetooth cell phone preparation, wireless
- Child seat anchor, on front passenger seat
- Climatronic air conditioner, 4 zone
- Cruise control
- Electrically adjustable exterior mirrors with memory function
- Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function for driver's seat
- Inlays in brushed aluminium (new)
- Interior lighting package
- MMI Radio Plus with active speakers
- Park Distance Control Advanced, with rear view camera
- Partial leather seat trim
- Power closing tailgate
- quattro with self-locking Crown-gear differential
- Rear side airbags
- Sideguard airbag system
- Standard suspension
Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI bi-turbo quattro S tronic (235 kW):
Standard equipment in the Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI BiTurbo is as per above model, with the following additions:
- 20-inch 5-spoke W-design wheel (new)
- Leather-covered, multifunction sports steering wheel, in 3-spoke design, with shift paddles (new)
- MMI navigation plus including MMI Touch
Audi S7 4.0T FSI quattro S tronic (331 kW):
Standard equipment in the Audi S7 Sportback is as per above model, with the following additions:
- Alcantara / leather seat trim on S sports front seats
- 4 corner air suspension
- 20-inch 5 parallel spoke "Star" design alloy wheels (new)
Audi RS7 4.0T FSI quattro tiptronic (412 kW):
Standard equipment in the Audi RS7 Sportback is as per above model, with the following additions:
- Carbon Fibre inlays
- RS-tuned air suspension
- Full LED headlights with RS7 specific look
- MMI 3G Navigation with connect and MMI touch
- Valcona leather upholstery with diamond pattern
- Electrically operated glass sunroof
- Heads-up display
- Night vision with pedestrian detection
- Dynamic steering
- quattro sports differential
- Keyless entry
- 21-inch light alloy wheels
- Aluminium styling package with quattro wording on front bumper
- RS-braking system with "wave" design discs
How much is the new Audi A7 in South Africa?
The Audi A7 range will be priced as follows:
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic: R 943,500
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI BiTurbo quattro S tronic: R 1,040,000
- Audi S7 Sportback 4.0T FSI quattro S tronic: R 1,176,500
- Audi RS7 Sportback 4.0T FSI quattro S tronic: R 1,596,000
All prices are inclusive of VAT and the standard, 5 year/100 000km Audi Freeway Plan.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry