Alonso and Massa both drive Abarth 500s – the 695 Tributo Ferrari editions of course
Two Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari, the fastest ever road-going 500s, were handed over to Ferrari team drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa last week in the splendid setting of Villa Reale in Monza.
The new Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari confirms the consolidated links between Abarth and Ferrari – links based on shared values that include a passion for performance, a racing soul, attention to detail and Italian style.
Superb performance is guaranteed by a 1.4 Turbo T-Jet 16v engine, tuned to develop 180 HP (134kW). This is combined with an electrically operated Abarth competition gearbox with a race-inspired paddle gearshift to reduce shift times and make full use of engine performance.
The cars are finished in Scuderia red with Racing grey details and are enhanced with carbon fibre parts like mirror covers and gear quadrant.
A numbered and limited special series of these cars went on sale in July and has already notched up more than 600 orders, more than half of which are for export to countries like the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
Karl Abarth and Enzo Ferrari were two great names whose passion and dedication helped create the legend of Italian motor racing that is the universally recognised today. The men behind both marques followed very similar careers: first drivers, then tuners and finally heads of companies that command genuine respect in the world of motor racing.
Ferrari and Abarth are together again today as they were in the past, with Ferrari's two F1 drivers Massa and Alonso behind the wheels of two brand new Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari. Please note that Abarth does not currently form part of the South African Fiat Group brand portfolio.
Technical specifications – Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari 180 HP (132 kW) 1.4 16v Turbo T-Jet
- 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368 cm3.
- Maximum power: 180 HP (132 kW) at 5500 rpm.
- Maximum torque: 250 Nm at 3000 rpm in sport mode.
- Turbocharging: fixed geometry Garrett 1446 turbocharger
- 5-speed Abarth competition gearbox - electrically-operated manual gearbox with gear shift paddles on the steering wheel.
- "Powered by BMC" filter, specially developed for Abarth.
- MacPherson independent front suspension.
- Specially calibrated rear torsion beam with anti-roll bar.
- Koni FSD valve shock absorbers.
- Dualdrive electric power steering in sport mode.
- Sport/overboost button (changes the functioning mode of the Dualdrive electric power steering and increases engine torque).
- Brembo M36/40 fixed front calipers.
- Self-ventilating, multi-section, drilled front discs, ø 285 x 28 mm.
- Rear calipers with single piston, ø 34 mm.
- Drilled rear discs, ø 264 mm x 11 mm.
- High performance brake pads.
- Electronic Stability Program.
- TTC System - Torque Transfer Control.
- Special design 7x17" ET35 aluminium alloy wheels with 205/40 R17" tyres.
OTHER SPECIAL PARTS
- "Record Monza" dual mode exhaust system.
- Xenon headlights.
- Carbon fibre upholstered "Abarth Corsa by Sabelt".
- "Carbon look" body parts (door mirror covers, heel guard).
- Special racing pedals.
- Conforms to Euro 5 EEC-f5 standard.
- 155 g/km.
- Top speed: 225 km/h.
- Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h: < 7 secs.
- Urban cycle: 8.4 litres/100 km.
- Extra-urban cycle: 5.4 litres/100 km.
- Combined cycle: 6.5 litres/100 km.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry