- The rear seats fold back with the push of a button and a lever release providing additional cargo space for bicycles or luggage
- The available hands-free power tailgate makes loading and unloading easier, and brings new technology to the SUV market
- Clever spaces like umbrella holders on the seats, a second-row hidden floor bin and ticket holders in the sun visors help organise contents
Pretoria, South Africa, 10 April 2013 – The all-new Ford Kuga is a stylish compact utility vehicle that provides clever spots to help drivers and passengers stay organized.
With second-row seats that fold flat with the touch of a button, stowing different types of cargo is made easier with the space and smart features available in the SUV, including an umbrella holder, second-row floor bin and ticket holder in each sun visor.
“Whether you have an umbrella, parking stub, mobile phone, sunglasses or large water bottle, the all-new Kuga has a specific place for it where it won’t get lost or roll under the seat,” said Eric Jackson, vehicle architecture supervisor. “The hidden storage under the second-row floor is great for keeping items secure and out of view.”
With a roomy second row and standard cargo tie-downs, this Kuga is ready to handle loads large or small.
The available hands-free power tailgate brings new technology to the SUV market and makes it easier to stow gear. The Kuga is the only SUV to have this convenient and unique feature.
A gentle kicking motion under the centre of the rear bumper activates, unlocks and raises the tailgate when the driver has the Kuga key fob in his or her possession. This allows quick and easy access to the cargo area without needing to set down packages or dig around for the keys. The same motion closes the hatch. The system safeguards against accidental opening by being programmed to open with leg motion – not when an animal runs underneath or when the vehicle hits a bump on the road.
The tailgate height can be programmed or adjusted manually to meet specific customer needs.
The Kuga features several places to store specific items in the interior including umbrellas, bottles and cell phones.
Unique storage spots include:
- Overhead visors with ticket holders for parking or toll tickets
- Hidden storage bin under the second-row floor
- Small umbrella holders on both the driver and passenger seat trim panels
- A card holder below and a stowage bin above the centre of the instrument panel
- Centre console space to hold a 1.5-litre bottle, MP3 player or CDs
- Eight cupholders – four in the front and rear doors, two in the front centre console and two in the optional folding second-row armrest
- Rear cargo management system
- Convenient USB ports in the centre console and 230-volt inverter located at the back of the floor console for easy plug-in of laptops, cell phone chargers or other electronics
Seats fold with ease
The new Kuga’s rear seats have been designed to fold flat easily in just a few seconds. With the touch of a button, the head restraint folds down and with the lift of a handle on the seat, the seatback folds and dives as the seat folds flat and clicks into position.
Kuga also features an available two-position load floor, which can be configured to allow the customer to choose either maximum luggage volume or flat load floor