Innovative, Easy-to-use Technology Engages and Delights Drivers and Passengers Alike While Traveling in the All-new 2013 Dodge Dart
- The all-new Dodge Dart is the only compact car to feature the cutting-edge, full-color 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) instrument cluster that’s easy-to-read, easy-to-use and reconfigurable to each driver’s preference
- The new Dart offers the largest touchscreen radio in the class: the easy-to-use 8.4-inch Uconnect® Touch Media Center with Uconnect Voice Command
- The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart features Keyless Enter ’n Go handsfree key fob with push-button start
- 2013 Dodge Dart is the only compact sedan to offer an available heated steering wheel
January 9, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is loaded with segment-leading technology and not-seen-in-the-segment cool features, as well as some tried and true features that are designed to both enchant and delight drivers and passengers alike, including:
- Class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect® Media Center with built-in radio, available Garmin navigation, iPod control, climate controls, voice activated Bluetooth®, SiriusXM Travel Link, weather updates and points of interest
- Class-exclusive 7-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster display, that is easily customizable to the driver’s taste. Choices include: digital and analog gauges, navigation turn-by-turn display, eco-meter, fuel economy, audio, phone, compass and temperature read outs
- Class-exclusive floating island bezel
- Class-exclusive heated steering wheel
- Available premium audio system
- Keyless Enter ’n Go with push button start
- High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with SmartBeam®
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control with humidity sensor
- ParkView® rear back-up camera
- Segment-exclusive Rear Cross Path Detection
- Blind-spot monitoring
The high-tech centerpiece of the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is the available floating island bezel that houses an available first-in-the-compact-car-segment 7-inch, Thin Film Transistor (TFT) customizable instrument cluster display and the available class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect® Touch Media Center. The TFT system is designed to visually communicate information the driver needs at a glance and in a format that is easy to understand.
The Dart’s TFT instrument cluster display offers drivers a wide range of customization options, from a basic analog read-out to a full digital display that clearly communicates vehicle information with easy-to-understand icons. The driver can configure the screens to display the information they desire, mixing and matching information. The TFT gauges enhance communication between the car and driver in a simple, pleasing format.
The floating island bezel houses an available light-emitting diode (LED) light pipe that glows with Ruby Red accent lighting, reminiscent of the Dart’s class-exclusive racetrack-like taillamps. The TFT cluster appears dark or blank until the driver starts the car. That’s when the floating island bezel begins to glow and the animated analog or digital instrumentation comes to life.
The display is intuitive and has easy-to-understand graphics. Numbers are large, approximately 14 percent larger than a traditional 3.5-inch cluster display, and in a performance font, which makes them easy to read. The gauges are backlit with LEDs, which makes them exceptionally crisp and clear.
With the simple push of a button, located on the steering wheel, drivers can select from two analog or two digital displays for the gauges, then customize further through the nine available main menus. The system is very easy-to-use and can be reconfigured as much as the driver wants, or not at all. Four small icons in the corners of the center display can be set to show information at-a-glance, including current fuel economy, outside temperature and compass direction. The nine main screens are speed, miles per hour or kilometers per hour, fuel economy, trip A odometer, trip B odometer, audio, stored messages, vehicle information and navigation.
The screens can be configured to give as much or as little information the driver wants, and once a screen is chosen it becomes the default setting, with no need to select a save or set button. The settings are linked to each key fob, so two drivers who share a vehicle will see their personal gauge settings as soon as their key fob is used to start the vehicle.
Warning messages are displayed with an easy-to-understand animated message, as well as text highlighted by a color change of the information bar. Text warning messages are automatically sent into stored messages so a driver can review the message when parked.
The 2013 Dodge Dart features available Ruby Red LED accent lighting that rings the audio, heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) controls and floating island bezel. Standard four-gauge analog design clusters are trimmed with Ruby Red LED illumination rings around the speedometer and tachometer.
Class-exclusive 8.4-inch Uconnect® Touch Media Center
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart features the largest touchscreen radio in its class — 8.4 inches. The Dart’s Uconnect® Touch system combines world-class infotainment and convenience technologies designed to keep passengers easily connected, comfortable and secure.
As one of many advanced technologies on the Dodge Dart, Uconnect Touch features world-class functionality and integrates voice command, real-time information, multimedia, portable mobile devices and vehicle personalization settings. The Uconnect system is designed to provide drivers and passengers with relevant, focused and contextual information that is easy to use so they can keep their eyes on the road.
From navigation to dual-zone climate controls to the ability to check fuel prices, Uconnect Touch is designed to enhance the entire driving experience. A fully integrated component to the all-new Dodge Dart’s exciting interior design, two Uconnect Touch models (8.4 and 8.4N with navigation) are available.
With its touchscreen display and user-friendly touch-key categories, information on the Uconnect Touch is clearly displayed. Large, easy-to-use icons are located along the bottom of the screen. Icons include radio, player (personal audio devices), controls, climate, navigation and phone. To help the driver easily read the screens, there are two auto brightness settings. Uconnect Media Center 200 and Uconnect Media Center 200S (with SiriusXM Satellite Radio) round out the available media centers for the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart.
“We’ve made the Uconnect Touch system easy to learn and incredibly responsive,” said Marios Zenios, Head of Uconnect Systems and Services – Chrysler Group LLC. “Important features are easy to find with large, animated touch keys across the bottom of the screen combined with traditional controls placed in familiar areas where the driver can find them. All the features on the touchscreen are grouped by modality and presented clearly, without clutter.”
Steering wheel controls for available items, including Uconnect Voice Command and Uconnect Touch, are placed both on the left and right spokes of the steering wheel. Audio controls, including next station, radio preset and previous station or track, are located on the left rear spoke of the wheel.
Volume, up or down and change audio mode are located on the right rear spoke of the steering wheel. Customers said they prefer audio controls located at the rear of the steering wheel, as a result, Chrysler Group was the first automaker to locate audio controls at the rear of the wheel.
The premium Uconnect Touch 8.4N model enables more customer-convenient amenities than ever before, including the integration of segment-leading Garmin® navigation and SiriusXM Travel Link with real-time fuel prices, movie listings, sports updates and weather. SiriusXM Travel Link is free for the first 12 months of ownership, the longest trial period of any automaker. Uconnect Touch 8.4 includes:
- 8.4-inch Quarter Video Graphics Array (QVGA) touchscreen display
- Available Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth®
- SD Card reader (MP3/WMA music file support only)
- USB port with iPod® Control
- Integrated Gracenote® database identifies music on portable devices to display album artwork on the 8.4-inch radio display and improves accuracy of voice recognition of artist names and song titles
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with song alert/game alert for automatic prompts of favorite songs/artists/games
- Single CD player (located in the center console)
- Dual-zone climate controls with automatic climate control
- AM/FM radio
Upping the ante on the all-new Dodge Dart is the Uconnect Touch 8.4N with more capability and premium connectivity features, including:
- Garmin navigation with lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest
- SiriusXM Travel Link (12 months included) with real-time fuel prices, movie listings, sports updates and weather
For Dart models equipped with ParkView® rear back-up camera, the 8.4-inch touchscreen displays the image when the car is shifted into Reverse.
SiriusXM Travel Link Providing Dodge Dart passengers with real-time information and entertainment, SiriusXM Travel Link is available with the Uconnect Touch 8.4N. SiriusXM Travel Link provides up-to-the-minute information to make every trip more efficient. SiriusXM Travel Link includes:
- Weather: shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and five-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds and even ski resort conditions
- Fuel Prices: lists prices, locations and distance to more than 120,000 fuel stations across the United States and can have the Garmin navigation system route to a selected fuel station location
- Sports: provides scores and schedules from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, golf, college football and basketball
- Movies: uses listings from more than 4,500 movie theaters across the United States to help consumers plan movie times, theater addresses, ratings and run lengths ahead of time. Dodge Dart’s passengers also may have the Garmin navigation system set a route to a selected theater location
Garmin navigation The Uconnect Touch 8.4N integrates Garmin software and technology providing segment-leading navigation, lane guidance and more than 6 million points of interest. With its massive 8.4-inch touchscreen, the Dodge Dart compact sedan’s driver and passengers are provided with audible turn-by-turn instructions and simplified visual cues while the vehicle is in motion. The robust points of interest database make it easy to find nearby restaurants, shopping, hospitals or other local destinations.
Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth The available Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth is an in-vehicle, voice-activated communication system that allows drivers to operate a Bluetooth compatible phone with their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. When the Bluetooth phone is initially connected, the contact list is automatically downloaded, synchronizing as many as 1,000 phone book entries, which can then be selected by simply saying a contact name. It also allows drivers to switch radio modes, tune to AM/FM and available SiriusXM Satellite Radio stations and request real-time information (such as fuel prices) from the available SiriusXM Travel Link using natural voice commands. The handsfree option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility.
USB port with iPod® control Integrated conveniently and securely under the center-console armrest, this multimedia input allows the driver to control his or her iPod or other media device through the Uconnect Touch and steering-wheel mounted audio controls. The USB port also provides a mobile recharging station for iPod and USB powered devices. In addition, MP3 and WMA audio files on a USB memory device may also be played and controlled on the Uconnect Touch system.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Available with more than 130 channels of the best music, entertainment and information, SiriusXM Satellite Radio provides customers entertainment from coast to coast. SiriusXM Satellite Radio offers more than 60 commercial-free, digital music channels and 60 channels of sports, news, entertainment and children’s programming, 24 hours a day.
Regional traffic and weather reports also are included with SiriusXM Satellite Radio. Selecting favorite stations is easy with the new Uconnect Touch. Simply scan the channels with steering wheel controls, utilize pre-set touchscreen buttons, select a station with Uconnect Voice Command (e.g. “Tune to Hip Hop Nation”), or let Song Alert/Game Alert notify when a favorite artist, song or game is playing. In addition, Uconnect Touch can conveniently search both by music category and channel.
Alpine® premium audio systemsThe all-new 2013 Dodge Dart offers audiophile-quality audio systems to immerse passengers in premium sound. Using Alpine premium speakers and amplifiers, the Alpine nine-speaker premium audio system with additional subwoofer includes:
- 12-channel amplifier with 506-watts of power
- Digital signal processing (DSP) for 7.1-adapted surround sound
- Three 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
- Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the front doors
- Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the rear-shelf area
- Two 6 x 9-inch speakers located in the rear doors
- One 8-inch subwoofer center-positioned in the rear-shelf area
Keyless Enter ’n Go The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart features available Keyless Enter ’n Go technology, which allows the doors and trunk to be opened and the vehicle ignition to be started without having to touch the key fob. A push of the start button, located to the right of the steering wheel, starts the Dart. The available remote start feature allows a driver to start their vehicle from up to 300 feet away. Door controls, illuminated entry, an engine immobilizer and panic alert are standard features with the Keyless Enter ’n Go system.
Segment-first heated steering wheel The 2013 Dodge Dart is the first compact car to offer drivers a heated steering wheel. The steering wheel contains a heating element that helps warm the driver’s hands in cold weather, heating the wheel when temperatures are below 40 degrees. The steering wheel will continue to heat for 58-70 minutes before automatically shutting off. The driver selects the “Controls” menu in the Uconnect Touch system, then the “heated wheel” icon to turn the heated steering wheel on or off.
All-new Compact U.S. Wide electrical architecture Dodge’s Compact U.S. Wide (CUS-wide) electrical architecture, which is adapted from the Fiat-based Compact Electrical Architecture used on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, is the backbone of the electrical system, delivering connectivity between advanced technologies and in-vehicle personalization, for enhanced driver awareness.
The new electrical system used for the first time on a Dodge vehicle allows both high- and low-speed data networks to be equipped with as many as 40 individual modules, all designed to improve vehicle performance and enhance the comfort and safety of driver and passengers. Within the CUS-wide electrical architecture high-speed network, each module (e.g., Electronic Stability Control) processes its individual data and transmits the appropriate commands within the vehicle to activate any additional systems (e.g., anti-lock brake system and cruise control).
Uconnect Touch uses the CUS-wide electrical architecture’s low-speed data bus to handle personalization settings, instrument panel controls, entertainment and information applications (e.g. Keyless Enter ’n Go, smart remote start, SIRIUS Travel Link, iPod® Control, etc.), and comfort and convenience controls.