2016 Model Year Mustang GT to Receive Hood Vent Turn Signals, a Nod to Car’s Heritage, New Packaging Options
Now, just like owners of the fastback model, customers of Mustang GT convertible equipped with manual transmission can order a Performance Package for 2016.
Featuring increased structural bracing, as well as revised suspension components, brakes, wheels and tires, Mustang GT convertible equipped with Performance Package will be a force to be reckoned with – both on back roads and at the track.
- Unique chassis tuning, with strut tower brace and K-brace
- Larger radiator
- Revised suspension with upsized rear sway bar, heavy-duty front springs
- Six-piston Brembo front brake calipers
- 19×9-inch front, 19×9.5-inch rear ebony-painted aluminum wheels with summer tires
- Unique tuning for stability control, ABS and electric power-assisted steering
- Torsen® limited-slip differential with 3.73 axle ratio
- Engine-turned aluminum instrument panel with auxiliary gauges
- More aggressive front splitter; rear spoiler delete
“Ford Mustang GT fastback with Performance Package has been very popular,” said Banker. “Customer feedback indicated a strong desire for the package on the convertible model as well, and the 2016 Mustang GT delivers.”
SYNC 3 links driver and Mustang more closely than ever
SYNC® 3, Ford’s next-generation communications and entertainment system, is coming for Mustang equipped with Premium Package for 2016. With a faster, more intuitive, easier than ever to use interface, improved voice command and AppLink™ functionality, SYNC 3 now features the ability to update system software via any unlocked Wi-Fi network – bringing Mustang owners closer to their car than ever before.