MINI presents the world’s first Sports Activity Coupé in the premium small and compact vehicle segment; MINI Paceman is the seventh model in the brand family and offers an innovative combination of sporty, extrovert design, hallmark MINI driving fun and an exclusive interior ambience; unique, yet typically MINI, vehicle concept opens up new target groups for the brand’s inimitable style; two doors, large tailgate, lounge concept with two individual seats in the rear.
- Expressive, emotionally powerful body design with prominent horizontal lines and powerfully curved surfaces; dynamic proportions in hallmark MINI design language create superbly sporting impression; sporty and elegant appearance and powerful stature of the MINI Paceman symbolise the innovative combination of go-kart feeling on the road and enhanced versatility through optional all-wheel drive.
- Upright front end exudes power and presence; hexagonal radiator grille with broad chrome surround, black bordering on the lower edge of the body and other typically MINI design elements with an individual touch; coupé-style stretched side profile with long doors, dynamically downward-sloping roofline and greenhouse tapering towards the rear; muscular flared wheel arches; distinctive helmet roof form adapted to the car’s coupé lines with integrated rear spoiler; roof can be specified in body colour, white or black; sloping rear window; rear lights in horizontal arrangement for the first time on a MINI.
- Bespoke interior design creates typically MINI impression; powerfully formed, horizontally structured instrument panel with newly designed surrounds for the air vents; large circular Centre Speedo, also with new surround in black and decorative inner rings in high-gloss black or chrome; surrounds for the central control panel in a contrasting colour; window buttons arranged in the door panel trim; three-dimensional door ellipses reaching into the rear compartment (illumination optional).
- Full-size individual seats in the rear offer high levels of comfort and lateral support, plus generous shoulder room and headroom; legroom optimised through cut-outs in the front seat backrests; integrated armrests in the rear side panel trim; two-section version of the MINI Centre Rail storage and attachment system comes as standard, full-length variant available as an option; variable use of space possible through individually folding rear seat backrests; load capacity: 330 – 1,080 litres.
- Particularly powerful engines and standard lowered sports suspension accentuate the trademark MINI go-kart feeling; regular suspension and ride height are available as a no-cost option; two petrol and two diesel engines offered from launch with an output spread from 82 kW to 135 kW; MINI John Cooper Works Paceman version is in the pipeline; all variants come with a six-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic as an option; MINI ALL4 all-wheel-drive system available for the MINI Cooper S Paceman, MINI Cooper SD Paceman (not for South Africa) and MINI Cooper D Paceman (also not for South Africa); outstanding efficiency thanks to state-of-the-art powertrain technology and extensive MINIMALISM technology fitted as standard; Sport Button available as an option.
- Sophisticated chassis technology featuring MacPherson spring struts and forged cross members at the front axle, a multi-link rear axle and Electric Power Steering with Servotronic function; Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) as standard, Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) including
- Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC) optional (standard on the
MINI Cooper S Paceman, MINI Cooper SD Paceman and MINI Cooper D Paceman ALL4); 16-inch light-alloy wheels as standard (MINI Cooper S Paceman and MINI Cooper SD Paceman: 17-inch); 18-inch or 19-inch light-alloy wheels available as an option.
- Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC) optional (standard on the
- Outstanding occupant protection provided by crash-optimised body structure and extensive range of safety equipment; front and side airbags, side curtain airbags, three-point inertia-reel seat belts on all seats, belt tensioners and belt force limiters at the front, ISOFIX child seat attachments in the rear and a run-flat indicator fitted as standard.
- Array of standard equipment includes air conditioning, sports seats for driver and front passenger, Centre Rail and radio MINI CD; high-quality items of optional equipment and wide variety of individualisation options in typical MINI style; selection includes xenon Adaptive Headlights, rain sensor, Park Distance Control, Comfort Access, electrically operated glass roof and trailer coupling; large choice of exterior paint finishes, bonnet stripes, upholstery variants, interior surfaces and Colour Lines; MINI navigation system, harman/kardon hi-fi loudspeaker system and unique in-car infotainment functions available via MINI Connected.
- Engine variants:
MINI Cooper S Paceman: Four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger, direct injection and fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology.
Displacement: 1,598 cc, output: 135 kW at 5,500 rpm, max. torque: 240 Nm at 1,600 – 5,000 rpm (260 Nm with overboost).
Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h: 7.5 seconds
(automatic: 7.8 seconds),
top speed: 217 km/h (212 km/h).
Average fuel consumption according to EU: 6.1 litres (7.1 litres) per
CO2 emissions: 143 g/km (166 g/km).
MINI Cooper Paceman: Four-cylinder petrol engine with fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology.
Displacement: 1,598 cc,
output: 90 kW at 6,000 rpm,
max. torque: 160 Nm at 4,250 rpm.
Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h: 10.4 seconds
(automatic: 11.5 seconds),
top speed: 192 km/h (184 km/h).
Average fuel consumption according to EU: 6.0 litres (7.2 litres) per
100 kilometres / 47.1 mpg,
CO2 emissions: 140 g/km (168 g/km).
MINI Cooper SD Paceman (not for South Africa): Four-cylinder turbodiesel with aluminium crankcase, common-rail injection and variable turbine geometry.
Displacement: 1,995 cc,
output: 105 kW at 4,000 rpm,
max. torque: 305 Nm at 1,750 – 2 700 rpm.
Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h : 9.2 seconds (automatic: 9.4 seconds),
top speed: 200 km/h (197 km/h).
Average fuel consumption according to EU: 4.6 litres (5.7 litres) per
100 kilometres / 61.4 mpg,
CO2 emissions: 122 g/km (150 g/km).
MINI Cooper D Paceman (not for South Africa): Four-cylinder turbodiesel with aluminium crankcase, common-rail injection and variable turbine geometry.
Displacement: 1,598 cc (MINI Cooper D Paceman with automatic gearbox: 1,995 cc),
output: 82 kW at 4,000 rpm,
max. torque: 270 Nm at 1,750 – 2,250 rpm.
Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h: 10.8 seconds (automatic: 11.2 seconds),
top speed: 187 km/h (182 km/h).
Average fuel consumption according to EU: 4.4 litres (5.6 litres) per
100 kilometres / 64.2 mpg,
CO2 emissions: 115 g/km (149 g/km).
- Exterior dimensions:
Length: 4,109 millimetres (MINI Cooper S Paceman,
MINI Cooper SD Paceman: 4,115 millimetres)
Width: 1,786 millimetres
Height: 1,518 millimetres (MINI Cooper S Paceman,
MINI Cooper SD Paceman: 1,522 millimetres)
Wheelbase: 2 596 millimetres