Background – First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent. This year marks the 104th edition of the Chicago Auto Show.
Producer – The Chicago Automobile Trade Association (CATA) is the nation’s oldest and largest metropolitan dealer organization. The CATA has produced the Chicago Auto Show since 1935.
Chicago Auto Show 2012 Dates
- Public Show: Friday, February 10 through Sunday, February 19
- First Look for Charity: Thursday, February 9, 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Black tie.
- Media Preview: Wednesday, February 8 through Thursday, February 9.
- Location – McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60616.
- The Chicago Auto Show utilizes 1.2 million square feet of the McCormick Place complex. McCormick Place offers a total of 2.7 million square feet of exhibit halls with an additional 700,000 square feet of meeting room availability.
- Public Show Hours (Box office closes one hour prior to the end of the show each day.)
- February 10-18: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- February 19: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Admission – Tickets are available at our McCormick Place ticket booths or online at DriveChicago.com. (Advance tickets may be purchased at DriveChicago.com, click here to buy tickets. There is no service fee and online ticket purchases are good for any public day.)
- $11 for adults
- $7 for seniors aged 62 and older
- $7 for children 7-12
- Free admission for children 6 and younger when they accompany a paying adult.
- Half-price coupons are available at participating BP gas stations.
- Weekday discount coupons ($4 off the regular adult admission) available at various area new-car dealers. Participating banks also mail the discount tickets to their account holders.
- School & group discounts available.
Exhibits – All Chicago Auto Show exhibits are held in the McCormick Place complex. Exhibitions include: multiple world and North American introductions; a complete range of domestic and imported passenger cars and trucks; sport utility vehicles; and experimental or concept cars. In total, nearly 1,000 different vehicles will be on display. Additionally, attendees will also have the opportunity to see numerous accessories and auto-related exhibits, competition vehicles and project, antique and collector cars.
Chicago Auto Show 2012 Special Days
Wednesday, February 15: Women’s Day. Women are admitted for $7. Manufacturers will present special women-oriented programs on the purchase and lease of cars and maintenance.
Wednesday, February 15 through Friday, February 17: Chicago Auto Show Food Drive. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for $7 admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation.
Friday, February 17: Telemundo Hispanic Day. For more information, visit telemundochicago.com.
Appearances – Special appearances and events take place every day. Please check our Event Schedule for up-to-date listings.
Accessibility – McCormick Place is easily reached by car or public transportation. Extensive shuttle bus service from all area parking lots to and from McCormick Place. Weekend-only shuttle service from the Millennium Park and East Monroe underground garages. Shuttles stop in 10-15 minute intervals near Columbus/Upper and Lower Randolph and at Gate 3 at McCormick Place.
Scooter and Wheelchair rentals are available by contacting Scootaround’s toll-free hotline at 1-888-441-7575. You can also submit a rental inquiry on the web at http://www.scootaround.com/rentals/c/chicagoautoshow/, or by fax at (204) 478-1172. Scooter rentals are $50.00 a day and Wheelchair rentals are $20.00 a day. Scootaround is happy to accept VISA or MasterCard. Scootaround is located at Gate 4 of McCormick Place (west end of the Grand Concourse). While Scootaround will make every effort to accommodate all needs, you are encouraged to reserve in advance.