Design and equipment: Emotion, dynamism and atmosphere
- AMG bodystyling for a powerful appearance
- Highest quality and fine materials
- Exclusive and extensive standard appointments
- designo range for even more bespoke individuality
The design and equipment of the Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG convey the ultimate in emotion, dynamism and atmosphere. The powerful appearance of the V8 flagship model leaves no room for doubt: this is a true AMG. A number of specific visual modifications distinguish the ML 63 AMG from the other M-Class variants.
At the front end, for instance, the large Mercedes star sits in a distinctive radiator grille featuring louvres painted in high-gloss black with three chrome trim strips. The optionally available Intelligent Light System (ILS) in particular further enhances the appearance of the clear-lens headlamps.
AMG bodystyling for an unmistakable appearance
AMG bodystyling includes the expressive AMG front apron with three large air dams. The trim strip in matt silver chrome at the bottom of the apron provides an effective contrast and creates a visual link with the surrounds of the LED daytime running lamps integrated in the outer cooling air intakes. The two angled struts in the front apron emphasise the vehicle’s width – as do the AMG-specific front wings. Widened by 10 millimetres on each side, they accommodate the large AMG light-alloy wheels in elegant fashion. Harmoniously integrated “V8 BITURBO” logos hint at the flagship AMG model’s extraordinary dynamism.
When viewing from the side, the eye follows the side sill panels which form a visual link between the front and rear. Here the AMG rear apron echoes the style of the front end: large, simulated air outlets, angled struts and the trim strip in matt silver chrome at the bottom lend the ML 63 AMG an extremely powerful aura at the rear, too. The same result is achieved by the wrap-around, two-part rear light unit with LED fibre-optic technology. The flagship AMG model is the only M-Class to be equipped with two visible twin tailpipes. The trim strip in matt silver chrome serves as an impressive surround for the AMG sports exhaust system.
High-grade, exclusive interior
The interior of the ML 63 AMG is likewise expressive, unmistakable and committed to dynamism. Passengers benefit from a successful combination of an authentic SUV experience and the hallmark Mercedes feeling of wellbeing. Attractive design and high-grade materials are combined with first-class build quality.
Like the dashboard, the armrests and the door panelling in an exclusive AMG design are trimmed in ARTICO man-made leather with double topstitching in a contrasting colour as standard. These appointments are an ideal match for the standard leather upholstery on the heated AMG sports seats, which feature double topstitching, an exclusive AMG seat upholstery layout and electrical adjustment. AMG badges can be found on the AMG sports seats as well as on the outer rear seat backrests, while an aluminium trim and the retractable cover finished in piano lacquer on the centre console bring the design to a harmonious conclusion.
AMG performance steering wheel with multifunction buttons
The four-spoke AMG performance steering wheel with leather in the grip area, aluminium shift paddles and a rim with a flattened bottom section allows perfect control of the vehicle. One particularly fine and exclusive detail is the uniquely designed AMG instrument cluster, as only the ML 63 AMG offers a colour monitor, which displays an attractive AMG welcome logo when the vehicle is unlocked. The circular instruments have unique graphics, red needles, a 320 km/h speedometer dial and a characteristic AMG logo.
The instrument cluster also contains the upshift indicator and the AMG main menuwith three modes: “Warm Up” indicates the engine oil and coolant temperature, “Set Up” indicates the current ESP® mode and the transmission mode – “C”, “S” or “M”. In “RACE” the RACETIMER is ready; this allows the driver to record lap times on private racing circuits. The driver controls the AMG main menu using twelve multifunction buttons on the AMG performance steering wheel.
The extensive range of standard equipment includes:
- AMG door sill panels in stainless steel
- AMG floor mats
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Audio 20 CD radio with Bluetooth and USB interface
- EASY-PACK load compartment cover
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Headlamp cleaning system
- Electric sliding glass roof
- Heated seats for the driver and front passenger
Exclusive optional extras for the ML 63 AMG are available from the AMG Performance Studio:
- AMG Performance package with increase in power of 24 kW (32 hp) and 60 newton metres more torque, AMG engine cover in high-quality genuine carbon fibre, AMG performance steering wheel with DINAMICA microfibre in the grip area, red painted callipers
- 5-twin-spoke AMG light-alloy wheels (10 x 21) painted in titanium grey with a high-sheen finish, fitted with 295/35 R 21 tyres
- AMG performance steering wheel with DINAMICA microfibre in the grip area
Additional optional extras:
- Trailer coupling with electric unlocking
- Becker® MAP PILOT
- Electrically operated EASY PACK tailgate
- Rear Seat Entertainment System
- harman/kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system
- Wood/leather steering wheel in nappa leather
- THERMOTRONIC luxury automatic climate control
- Light package including Intelligent Light System ILS
- Media Interface
- Memory package
- COMAND Online multimedia system
- Electric panoramic sliding glass sunroof
- Aluminium-look running boards with rubber studs
- TV tuner
- Wood trim
Tailor-made individuality with designo
The designo range enables ML 63 AMG customers to realise their very own personal style. The designo Exclusive package includes designo leather upholstery on the AMG sports seats. The leather upholstery is available in designo marron, designo porcelain or designo black. The scope of features also includes AMG badges in the backrests of the front seats and the outer rear seats as well as designo floor mats with designo metal badges and black designo leather edging. A designo roof lining in DINAMICA black rounds off the designo Exclusive package.
Further optional extras include a designo trim in black piano lacquer and the designo wood/leather steering wheel in black piano lacquer.