- Minor change Grand Vitara on sale for 2013 with 1.9 DDiS 5 door on sale from this month.
- Updated exterior and interior designs.
- Switchable 4WD system offers true off-road capability and responsive on-road performance.
- 3 door and 5 door versions available with a range of engines.
- 1.9 DDiS engine available as five door SZ5 model now with lower CO2 emissions & improved combined fuel economy.
- UK Vitara/Grand Vitara sales of more than 185,000 since introduction in 1988.
- Priced from £15,995 for SZ3 1.6 litre 3 door.
Suzuki GB PLC is pleased to announce the fresh faced Minor Change Grand Vitara range, due to start arriving from December 2012. Changes cover the vehicle design throughout, equipment and aim to reinvigorate the Grand Vitara’s appeal in the competitive mid-sized SUV sector.
At the front of the car the bumper and grille have been re-styled with a more angular design and the foglamp styling has been revised. Additional changes include inner headlight black accents on 5 door SZ5 models, and new design 17” or 18” alloy wheels.
By customer demand, a temporary use 16 inch spare wheel with 225/70 tyre has now been included as standard, eliminating the need for a puncture repair system. As the spare wheel is mounted on the rear door the Grand Vitara grows in length by 200mm (five door models) and 170mm (three door models).
Moving inside, SZ3 (3 door) and SZ4 (3 door and 5 door) models are finished with new design seat trims whilst SZ5 5 door models are now equipped with a 6.1 inch touchscreen Colour Navigation System. The navigation system is powered by Garmin and includes comprehensive European mapping with downloadable updates and content.
The navigation system forms part of the infotainment centre – allowing a number of music options; CD, radio, SD card, media player (including iPod® and iPhone®) connected via the USB port, as well as via Bluetooth® music streaming and phone connectivity.
Under the bonnet, 1.9 DDiS models have had the emissions control system revised, resulting in a CO2 decrease from 179 g/km to 174 g/km – which means the VED band for the 1.9 DDiS engine has been reduced by one band to H. An additional benefit of this is an improvement in combined fuel economy to 42.8mpg from 41.5mpg.
Suzuki launched the first Vitara 24 years ago, creating the world’s first compact SUV and tapping into a new market for vehicles that combine true off-road capability with responsive, fun-to-drive on-road ability.
The 2013 model is aiming meet the demand for a SUV that is great looking, versatile and is rewarding both on and off-road.