- This year Ford is the official presenting sponsor of the Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage® Cruise Presented by Ford, as the Ultimate Party with a Purpose® to support students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- This marks the sixth consecutive year Ford and radio personality Tom Joyner have partnered to support education and to push students to “Go Further”
- Ford will have the all-new 2013 Ford Escape aboard the ship and will kick off a national sweepstakes where one Tom Joyner Morning Show listener or cruise attendee will win the keys to the Escape as part of the “2013 Ford Escape Key to Win” promotion
- The partnership allows Ford to continue in its efforts to talk to consumers about the newly designed Escape in unique ways, while at the same time supporting education. Escape brings new technologies and features to the segment including 11 features no other small SUV has, such as a hands-free power liftgate, active park assist and upgraded MyFord Touch® driver connect technology
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., March 20, 2012
– This weekend the Ford Escape is doing something it has never done before – it will sail for seven days aboard the 2012 Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage®
as part of Ford’s partnership with the Tom Joyner Foundation. This marks the sixth consecutive year Ford has been the automotive exclusive sponsor and the first year Ford is the official presenting sponsor of the cruise that supports Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
This year, Ford will give away the keys to the all-new 2013 Escape to one lucky listener of the Tom Joyner Morning Show or cruise attendee as part of the “2013 Ford Escape Key to Win” giveaway.
“We are thrilled to be back aboard the ship for the first time as the official presenting sponsor of the cruise. It is our brand promise to “Go Further” as a company when it comes to not only our products but also to our communities,” said Shawn Lollie, Ford manager, Multicultural Marketing. “This partnership continues to be one that we are committed to and we are looking forward to being able to once again be a part of an event that supports higher education within our community.”
The cruise, which is in its 13th year, will set sail from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., on Sunday, March 25 and will make stops in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and both Nassau and CoCoCay Bahamas. Cruisers will have the chance to enjoy more than 30 musical and comedic performances and activities, including a special performance of jazz and hip hop with Grammy Award-winning actress, rapper and singer Queen Latifah.
2013 Ford Escape Key to Win promotion
The 2013 Ford Escape Key to Win promotion will kick off March 26 and run through April 6. Cruise attendees and all Tom Joyner Morning Show listeners are encouraged to register by visiting blackamericaweb.com to submit for a chance to win a 2013 Ford Escape. In addition to the Escape giveaway, Ford will also be bringing along for the third year Play Date™, an entertainment-based company that offers an alternative to the traditional party by using interactive games like Dance Commands and Simon Says to spark up the fun. The Escape will be the focal point for all of Ford’s activities this year.
“We’re glad Ford is sailing with us again on the Fantastic Voyage,” said Tom Joyner. “It almost isn’t a Fantastic Voyage cruise without a Ford vehicle onboard! We are thankful that they continue to share our vision for supporting students at HBCUs and partnering with us for the ultimate Party with a Purpose.”
2013 Ford Escape
The new Escape is greener and features a sleeker, more modern design, yet still maintains its family-friendly intelligent functionality. Escape features a number of class-leading technology features like the hands-free power liftgate, active park assist and upgraded MyFord Touch.