- Ford introduces a Special Service Vehicle (SSV) Package for fleet customers – making the F-150 pickup even more adaptable to unique tasks
- No-charge option package includes a high-capacity 220-amp alternator and a special service-tailored interior layout
- Recognizing diverse requirements among government and fleet customers, Ford offers the SSV Package across varied powertrains and cab configurations
DEARBORN, Mich., June 11, 2012 – Ford Motor Company, the top-selling commercial truck brand for 27 years, is now offering a new F-150 Special Service Vehicle (SSV) Package aimed at government, municipal and commercial fleets.
“Our fleet customers have been asking us to create this option for F-Series trucks,” said Ford Government Sales Manager Tony Gratson. “We’re confident the current and updated 2013 F-150 equipped with the SSV Package will be of particular interest to our government customers with rugged jobs such as law enforcement, firefighting, and national and state park patrols.”
Ford anticipates commercial buyers across a variety of businesses, like their government fleet counterparts, will appreciate the value in this no-charge package.
F-150 SSV content includes a high-capacity 220-amp alternator to support fleet-class electrical needs.
To meet wide-ranging SSV applications, the package will be available for both SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations, 4×2 and 4×4 models, and with a choice of 5.0-liter V8 or 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engines.
When SSV-equipped, the F-150 interior is optimized for driver comfort, maximum adaptability for aftermarket upfit of task-specific accessories, and second-row seat durability.
The SSV seating package is 40/20/40, with the center 20 percent omitted completely to maximize space for in-cab aftermarket equipment such as law enforcement communications and firearms installations. The central console is omitted also, creating even more space.
Individual driver and first-row passenger seating surfaces are upholstered in easily cleaned cloth for comfort over the long haul.
The three-across, full-width second-row seat is covered completely in rugged, durable vinyl, ideal for law enforcement use or work-crew transport.
Ford places no restrictions on F-150 optional content so that fleets – both government and commercial – have maximum flexibility in ordering exact vehicle specifications. This enables F-150 SSV buyers to specify such options as heavy-duty tires, 4×4 skid plates and interior convenience content.
Along with the choice of 5.0-liter V8 and 3.5-liter EcoBoost engines, SSV Package vehicles – like all Ford F-150 pickups – are equipped with a fuel-saving six-speed automatic transmission.
5.0-liter four-valve dual-overhead-camshaft Ti-VCT V8
- Best-in-class 360 horsepower at 5,500 rpm vs. standard V8 competitors
- 21 mpg highway, unsurpassed 15 mpg city (4×2)
- Best-in-class 10,000 pounds maximum trailer tow vs. standard V8 competitors
3.5-liter Ti-VCT EcoBoost
- 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
- Best-in-class 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm vs. premium V8 competitors
- Up to 90 percent peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpm
- Best-in-class 11,300 pounds maximum trailer tow vs. all competitors
- Best-in-class 3,120 pounds payload vs. all competitors