ABOUT THE BOOK
Bonjour! Is this Italy? offers a unique and often hilarious insight into the challenges and excitement afforded by a lone motorcycle journey though Europe. In his quest to escape the frantic nature of London life, Kevin Turner heads south across France, crossing the Alps into Italy, and onto Rome, before returning via Germany – and the treacherous Nürburgring – in the hope of rendezvousing with the beautiful Nina.
Throughout, the author provides valuable advice to those considering a similar journey, noting the best and most scenic routes, where to stay, and what to see. This is interspersed with a raft of comic anecdotes that demonstrate exactly what NOT to do when lost on a motorbike in Europe.
Bonjour! Is this Italy? by Kevin Turner
• Features more familiar locations than other motorcycle travel books
• Global audience – bikers will easily relate to the story
• Doesn’t take itself too seriously
• Not overly motorcycle-orientated – can be enjoyed by non-biking readers
• Provides practical guidance to benefit bikers visiting featured locations
• Features a popular motorcycle that readers with be familiar with
• Useful maps detailing interesting, if less well-known routes
• Unique and personal perspective of life ‘on the road’
• Features detailed Nürburgring section
• Contains numerous photographs illustrating the story and route
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Since passing his motorcycle test nearly ten years ago, Kevin Turner has ridden far and wide across the UK and Europe, writing about his experiences for various websites and publications, including the industry-leading ‘Motorcycle News.’ Past trips have taken Kevin from the Alps to the Pyrenees and from Rome to the beaches of Normandy … although most conclude with a few laps of the Nürburgring, to which he is hopelessly addicted. A professional journalist, Kevin also writes regular review features, covering motorcycles, equipment, events and kit. A spirit of adventure (and occasional recklessness), coupled with much self-deprecating humour, pervades his writing.
V4399 • Paperback • 21×14.8cm • £12.99 • 144 pages • 129 colour and b&w pictures • ISBN: 978-1-845843-99-1 • UPC: 6-36847-04399-5