South Africa: Viglietti Motors, the official importer of Maserati in South Africa, has launched the all-new Maserati Quattroporte in Johannesburg at a glamorous cocktail event that took place at The Castle Kyalami on 13 June 2013. Maserati customers, enthusiasts and the media were invited to enjoy a closer look at the all-new Quattroporte — the flagship of the Maserati model range, now available in South Africa.
The classic event, which was well attended, took guests on a journey through the history of Maserati, the lifestyle aspects and the enthralling new heights the brand is reaching — a theme that was supported by an awe-inspiring aerial display and suspended songbird. Like the setting, the food was classic and quintessentially Italian, offering guests a taste of all the finer things life, and Italy, has to offer.
The sixth-generation Quattroporte is a significant leap forward for the brand, that not only sets the high-technology tone for Maserati’s upcoming range of newmodels, but also remains faithful to Maserati’s long history of luxury sports sedans. The vehicle captures the essence of luxury Italian car design with a style dedicated to proportion, dynamism and purity and which delivers new standards in quality from design and development, to fabrication and process controls.
The Quattroporte will once again shape Maserati’s future. It is the ultimate Grand Touring vehicle which combines high-end sporty performance with luxury materials. The new Quattroporte ensures that every journey is an unforgettable one.
The flagship of the Maserati product range, the all-New Quattroporte is not only larger, but is also lighter, more luxurious and more practical than the globally acclaimed car it replaces. With a 307km/h top speed, it’s also as fast as most two-door supercars.
The powerful engine and the large cabin are at the core of the Quattroporte’s design, dominated by a long, powerful nose and a concave Trident grille — providing a clear link to both the outgoing Quattroporte and the GranTurismo.
Even with all of its new technology, the new Quattroporte remains true to Maserati’s roots. Its V8 twin turbo engine makes it not only the fastest four-door Maserati has ever built, but also the most powerful and the most economical as well.
Maserati Quattroporte Specifications:
- The direct-injection engine family will boast a 3.8-litre V8 and a 3.0-litre V6, both of which are all new, twin turbo charged, designed by Maserati Powertrain and assembled by Ferrari at Maranello.
- The 3.8-litre V8 engine provides Maserati’s new performance benchmark, reaching 100km/h in just 4.7 seconds and achieving a 307km/h top speed. It is 20km/h faster than the previous Quattroporte Sport and has up to 200Nm more torque as well. The V6 twin turbo doesn’t lack for performance, either reaching 285km/h.
- With an eight-speed automatic transmission and a rear-wheel drive configuration, it is also one of the most secure all-weather performance cars in Maserati’s history.
- To offset its scintillating performance, the V8 Maserati Quattroporte has lowered both its fuel consumption and emissions by 20 percent compared to the previous model.
- The all-new architecture retains the Quattroporte’s traditionally exquisite handling thanks to its 50:50 weight distribution, a double-wishbone front suspension and a state-of-the-art five-link rear suspension.
It also delivers new standards in quality in every area from design, development, fabrication and process controls. It is produced in a new plant that combines Maserati’s traditions of craftsmanship with cutting-edge technologies that are able to guarantee outstanding quality by controlling even the smallest details.
Traditional hand crafted detailing continues in the Quattroporte’s cabin, and this has been added to with even more interior space in all seats and both four and five-seat configurations.
Cabin luxury leaps forward technically, too, with features like the Maserati Touch Control screen, adjustable pedals, reversing cameras and the optional 15-speaker Bowers & Wilkins audio system, as well as WLAN-based WiFi and compatibility with most modern mobile phone systems.
Commenting on the arrival of the new Maserati Quattroporte, Mr Mervyn Eagles, CEO, Viglietti Motors said “The all-new Maserati Quattroporte is now bigger, lighter, more luxurious and more powerful than ever before. We are confident that the all new Quattroporte will exceed the expectations of all luxury sedan enthusiasts in South Africa.”